Skip to main content

How to beat the dark days...

Occasionally I have what I call my dark days, which are the days when I wake and just don't feel myself. Do you get them to? I mean this motherhood malarkey is rather hard some weeks isn't it, and I think the stress just creeps up on me. But I always try to keep soldiering on so here are my top 5 tips that help me get through those dark days. Hope they help you to.

Homemade Sausage Rolls recipe...

Today's post was a favourite from my old blog, so here it is for you lovely lot, my Homemade Sausage Rolls recipe.



What you'll need
Sausage Meat 375g
Chives roughly 20g
Parsley roughly 20g
Puff Pastry 320g (or just buy a pack like I did, makes it so much easier.)
A little milk for brushing on the top.
Firstly heat your oven to gas mark 6 or 200c for fan ovens. After prep your baking tray, I use a small amount of butter rubbed all over and a piece of baking paper for this. Also roll and lay out the puff pastry across the baking tray for later. At this point I also like to get all my ingredients and bowls etc laid out across my work surface, to make it easier as I go.

Roughly chop the chives and parsley, the smaller the better so you have a nice even consistency throughout the meat, once you've rubbed it together. When the herbs are chopped take a bowl and pop half of each inside, then add all the sausage meat. This is the messy part so get your hands stuck in literally... lol

Rub all the chives, parsley and sausage meat together and form a ball. Once your happy that it's mixed in nicely add the rest of the herbs. Again get your hands stuck in and squid everything together. Now it's time to grab your prepped baking tray.
Just as the pictures show, lay four even lines of the mixture across the puff pastry. Next cut lines between each, and roll them up. A little tip make sure you have a gap both sides of the mixture, to make sure nothing spills out while rolling. Once there rolled up lay them on the baking tray, leaving gaps between so they don't stick together.

After pop the tray in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, it'll make it easier when you cut them up later.

At this point it's up to you, you can cut them up like I have or make bigger ones. Cooking times are the same for all sizes. When you've decided which size to go for, brush a little milk across the top of each roll.

Then it's into the oven with them. I put them on for 25 minutes firstly (gas mark 6 or 200 fan), then I check them and if they need longer I'll leave them in for another 5 minutes.
So there you have it, that's my homemade sausage roll recipe. If you make them please send me your pics I'd love to see them.

Comments

  1. Oh my lord!!! They look insanely good. What did you use as a camera? Your pictures are so nice and sharp ( I still cant figure out how to use my Canon)

    http://www.mariesconnections.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, they are sooo yummy... I've got a canon aswell, but I'm also pretty useless with it. I think I just use the basic settings. Plus take pics in bright daytime sun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to beat the dark days...

Occasionally I have what I call my dark days, which are the days when I wake and just don't feel myself. Do you get them to? I mean this motherhood malarkey is rather hard some weeks isn't it, and I think the stress just creeps up on me. But I always try to keep soldiering on so here are my top 5 tips that help me get through those dark days. Hope they help you to.

10 things I truly believe...

I'm quite a superstitious person and have even dabbled in Wicca and spells as a teen. Weirdo and proud right lol! For today's post I thought I'd bring you a little list of 10 things that I truly believe in. I'm sure most of you will think its all nonsense but each to their own right?! It's up to you if you believe it all too.