Skip to main content

How to beat the dark days...

Occasionally I have what I call my dark days, which are the days when I wake and just don't feel myself. Do you get them to? I mean this motherhood malarkey is rather hard some weeks isn't it, and I think the stress just creeps up on me. But I always try to keep soldiering on so here are my top 5 tips that help me get through those dark days. Hope they help you to.

How to beat the dark days...

Occasionally I have what I call my dark days, which are the days when I wake and just don't feel myself. Do you get them to? I mean this motherhood malarkey is rather hard some weeks isn't it, and I think the stress just creeps up on me. But I always try to keep soldiering on so here are my top 5 tips that help me get through those dark days. Hope they help you to.




1, Shop

I never need an excuse to shop but when I'm down this really picks up my mood. Even if I just pop out for a bag of crisps, and a can of coca cola. Even online shopping helps, hello Ikea website.

2, Eat

I'm a big foodie person, so I definitely don't need an excuse to eat. But I love to indulge in dark chocolate biscuits and sweets when I'm down, it makes me happy, and takes me back to when I was a kid. Lol literally comfort eating.

3, Laugh

My hubby, Anthony is great at cheering me up this way, he'll usually pop on a comedy or just tell me some jokes which I don't always get but I love him for it. And if he's not around Phoebe can be quite entertaining so I usually dance around like a mad women with her.

4, Love

Make love that is. Again my lovely hubby will help with this lol.. But on a more serious note endorphins are released through your body each time you indulge yourself which gives a feeling of well being. So put the kids to bed and jump in yours...

5, Sunshine

Get out and about and enjoy the sunshine, just being outside getting some fresh air will help clear your mind a great deal. When Phoebe was really tiny I actually used to walk round and round my block to make myself feel better. I'm sure the neighbors thought I was nuts.

So there you have it my top 5 tips to help you beat the dark days.

Let me know in the comments what you do to cheer yourself up, on your dark days.

Comments

  1. To cheer myself up : I do go shopping too or write on my blog, I tried to avoid food as I am diabetic ( so not a great combination). I am glad you've been diagnosed ( I mean not glad you suffer of anxiety but you know what I mean. ) you know where to find me if you need a chat.

    Here my blog :


    http://www.mariesconnections.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks huni, I'm really glad I've been diagnosed now to, and I'll definitely message you when I'm feeling crap. Glad we found each other on insta.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Sausage Rolls recipe...

Today's post was a favourite from my old blog, so here it is for you lovely lot, my Homemade Sausage Rolls recipe.

Hello & Welcome

So it's time, time to start blogging again. For those who don't know me. Hello I'm Hayley a 30 something mum, to a beautiful little girl called Phoebe, and I'm also a big time worrier who's recently been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety. I've known for a while something wasn't quite right in my head, so I feel relived, I've finally took the plunge and I'm getting some help for myself.